cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Guidance appreciated regarding additional Yealink handsets

Go to solution

Hi,

I upgraded to FTTC and bundled a Yelling handset. It works fine but I have been hitting a brick wall trying to add further handsets.

I bought a second Yealink + base but simply cannot get the second handset to connect either to its own base or to the existing base. Of course, I did not buy the second Yealink from BT and perhaps there is the gateway to my problems!

I would really appreciate guidance from anyone who knows what I need to do to get the second handset added ...

Thanks!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Guidance appreciated regarding additional Yealink handsets

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the link Keith.

Yes - I am a BT Business customer.

I tried to login to the W60B but the default credentials - admin / admin - don't let me in.

Tried yet again to register the second handset without success - perhaps I need to contact BT because I'm beginning to suspect it may be a configuration setting only recognising equipment which has been purchased through BT.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Try the Business forum, as you may find the answer there.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Followed your advice Keith.

Found multiple threads reporting exactly the same problem.

Called the helpdesk and basically got sent in a circle.

Tried another number and got Emma who was brilliant. Quickly determined that only equipment actually purchased from BT would connect.

Emma offered to exchange my original kit for latest version at no cost. Also ordered two additional handsets to get me where I wanted to be.

Thanks for your assistance!

0 Ratings