cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

HELP - Resolve problem

Go to solution

We found my frail and elderly parents were paying for a high level internet package which they would not even know what it was so we contacted BT to change package to phone only. It took 2 days of calls to sort this and it was to happen last wednesday.

On friday we found their phone was cut off on wednesday and no replacement. 

After 10 hours on the phone we are told earliest time is thursday to reconnect and cant be done faster. This is major problem as my 93 year old parent often need nightime doctor help, 4 hospitals are in contact regularly. Its sooo bad with no phone and so so stressful.

Also they have said it will be a new number when they are reconnected. - and at moment there is a reconnection charge applied.

We have tried everything we know and the last call made us feel it was our problem not BT needing to resolve theirs.

Any advise on how to sort this

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: HELP - Resolve problem

Go to solution

@onionman 

I have asked a moderator to assist, they are the only BT employees on this forum.

Your parents have probably been moved over to BT Digital voice, as there are no new analogue connections being provided, so the phone will need to be plugged into the socket on the back of the BT Smart Hub 2.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you

We have checked and they are totally cut off so nothing they can do at their end. Was told that they would be on BT digital voice but already had the equipment so not a problem.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @onionman,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if your parents have been left without telephone service. Please send me their details and I'll take a look to see if there is anything we can do to speed up the reconnection. 

I have sent you a private message with instructions for contacting the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you so much

0 Ratings