cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Handset displays answerphone "Full"

Go to solution

Premium Trio handsets have started to display "Full", when all messages have been deleted. If the phone is not answered in time, caller hears message "Unable to leave a message". Phones previously worked correctly. Other functions continue to work.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Handset displays answerphone "Full"

Go to solution

@JenniferJane 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Residential phone and broadband customers.

Have you tried removing the power to the base unit for about a minute, as its possible the system is locked up? 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

There have been several power outages since the fault started, no differene to the phones.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Short power interruptions can cause lockups, which is why I suggested a "clean" break for a minute.

I cannot see that this issue has been reported before on this user forum, so you may be best to contact the product helpdesk for advice.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Other forum posts mention the possibility that it may be the 1571 answerphone service which is giving a "mailbox full" indication, assuming you are a BT customer and have the 1571 service active.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

We don't have 1571.

BT now telling me I hve to pay £4.34 a month to activate voice mail. We had viuce mail until a few months ago and are not aware of any changes.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

If 1571 is not activated, then that would not be the issue. You can check by dialling 1571 and it should tell you that the service is not available. If you have been moved to BT Digital Voice, then 1571 is enabled by default.

There is no need to activate it, so I am not sure why the product helpdesk would say that. Have you tried resetting the base unit, as that should delete any stored messages?

I assume it was the product helpdesk number you called, and not just the main BT number?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

We have not tried resetting the base unit as we did not know what else might be affected, in particular address book

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Look in the user manual to see what the base reset would do. The function to clear the address book may be separate. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

P.44 says there are separate reset & clear data options, so a reset should be safe. I believe that phone also has bluetooth pairing with mobiles, so contacts could be restored from there if necessary.

0 Ratings