Message 1 of 6

4600 VOIP

I have the above phone and am trying to get it to work with VOIP using non-BT fibre.

I have a gigaset base station and I have a number to use but I can only seem to get the phone to temporarily work - it will ring once, and the 2nd time it will not.

Gigaset are not much help since they are german so I was wondering if anybody here knows if it is possible to get this to work, or do I need a different phone for this?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: 4600 VOIP

Hi @Ramrod4   You need Gigaset phones compatible with your Gigaset base station. I use a Gigaset Go-Box 100 with Gigaset S700H handsets. These are excellent and connect to my hearing aids so all my landline (VOIP) calls are completely hands-free.

Message 3 of 6

Thanks @VeteranISPUser 

When you say I need gigaset phones compatible with my base station - looking at the amazon listing for my base station, it only lists 6 compatible gigaset phones - it is a now discontinued model (N300A IP) all of which look like they are from 1998 -  have you found the same issue?

It seems odd that not all gigaset phones will work with their own base station.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Ramrod4   I would say that most Gigaset phones will work with a N300A base station. It is the supported features that change. I have used E390HX handsets with a N300.

Message 5 of 6

Thanks again @VeteranISPUser 

Maybe the amazon listing was a bit spurious in that case.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Ramrod4   I would go onto to liGo website and see which current phones they are selling bundled with a N300 or N300A.

0 Ratings