cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Handset not registering and turning off and on.

Go to solution

The handset turns itself off and back on when ever I try to use it. The power symbol comes on the screen, followed by searching for hub, synchronising handset data, and repeats. I've reset the handset and the hub, but no joy. I've gone into the router settings where the handset shows as registered, the only thing I've not tried is removing the batteries, as I'm not sure how and don't want to break it. Also I suspect the handset isn't charging properly, as the battery level doesn't seem to increase. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Handset not registering and turning off and on.

Go to solution

you can try removing batteries and see if that helps

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone2304347-including-Digital/How-to-replace-batteries-in-a-BT-Advnced-Digital-Home-Phone-with/td-p/

if that does not help then phone CS 03301234150 and request replacement - assuming it was free phone from BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Sounds like a duff battery. If you don't have rechargeable replacements, you can use a set of alkaline just to prove the point. Just don't put the phone on its charging base with them fitted, this is just to test if it starts up fully.

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Seeing the photo of the back of the phone removed was helpful, thanks. Anyway, it wasn't quite as simple as removing the batteries, but without doing it I would never have got the handset to work. As soon as I placed the handset on the base  it beeped and also showed it was charging, I knew I was onto something. Just had to deregister and register two more times for it to work (then the internet decided to stop working for 10 minutes) 

long story short, I can now make and receive calls. Thank you. ( I will buy some rechargeable batteries just in case)

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I had the same problem after going through lots of hoops with bt , none of them worked , I've changed the batteries and the phone now works .

This was my second handset after having the same problem that bt couldn't solve or won't admit there equipment is at fault, the simple change of batteries should be the first thing to do when troubleshooting this by now as it seems to be a common fault .

Thanks to everyone who posted how to change the batteries this was very helpful.

0 Ratings