cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Handsets for digital voice

Go to solution

I wish to purchase one or more additional handsets for our home telephone. We have fibre-to-the home, with digital voice. The BT website shows just one handset which specifically mentions digital voice, that is the Advanced handset with Alexa. I don't like the Advanced handset with Alexa because I don't want Alexa on my telephone. I have found one page on the BT website which refers to another handset: Advanced but without Alexa. Is the Advanced handset without Alexa available for purchase? And is BT the only manufacturer of handsets for digital voice that will work with the BT Smart Hub 2 (in particular are they made by Panasonic)?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Handsets for digital voice

Go to solution

Hi @Richarda6504   There is no compulsion to use Alexa on the Advanced phone. Quite simply don’t set it up.  However if you use Amazon Prime it is really worth it with notifications of deliveries etc.

Edit: Note you can pick up the old advanced and essential phones cheap on a well known auction site.

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Many thanks. I hadn't thought of the auction website.

The reason I don't need Alexa on my phone is that I already have it on a stand-alone speaker. However it may be easier to have all the handsets the same and just ignore Alexa on them. The price difference is trivial and the advanced one, now I have seen one, also has a quite prominent call-barring button.

Again many thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @Richarda6504 

I have echo shows all over the place, but I notice the phones first as they light up with a notification. I never use Alexa on the phone to ask a question or give an instruction. 😀 

0 Ratings