cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Help when landline goes down.

I am beside myself with frustration. I have a 90 year old mother in West Sussex who has lost her phone. I am in Devon trying to sort. I cannot get anywhere as they need to talk to her to get permission to talk to me. I have managed to find out that there is a fault on the line but will not be fixed before Wednesday. She can't wait until then. Her phone is her lifeline. If she falls she will die. All I am told is there is nothing they can do. I now face a 150 mile trip to be with her but I have to be back at work on Monday morning. Surely there must be a priority service for vulnerable adults. I have tried to lodge a formal complaint but no joy. I don't know what to do other than the press but my Mother would not want this.I am at a loss as to what to do next.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Help when landline goes down.

@Wallace6 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

The normal residential repair time is three working days.

Try calling 0330 1234 150, do not select any options, and then you can speak to someone to explain the situation.

This link may help in future https://www.bt.com/help/here-for-you

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Help when landline goes down.

If you call the Repair Helpdesk, which I think is still 0800 800 151 you can politely and without being abusive to the Advisor request a Welfare Case be raised. This will then bump up the Fault to a Care Level 4.

Then for future you can request a CSDP Form to be filled out, I believe it needs to be signed by her GP and or Community Nurse(?) and that way if she does have any issues in the future it’ll automatically be repaired as a priority.