cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Home Essentials and Helpline

Hi

I am interested in the BT Home Essentials package but have been told that the helpline system I have fitted will probably stop working, because it will be full digital and the Helpline system works via the analogue phone line. I am enquiring to ask if there is anything that I can do to connect the analogue phone line to the digital system. Thank you.

careline.jpg

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Home Essentials and Helpline

@Alditha68 

You will be supplied with a BT Smart Hub 2, which has an analogue phone socket on the back, where you can plug your helpline box.

That should work just as before, if not, you would need to raise the issue with the helpline provider, as they should have an alternative system in place, as there are no new physical analogue phone lines being provided.

Message 3 of 6

Thanks for replying. The helpline box is hardwired into my wall and is somehow connected to my phone line. I think they are updating the system eventually but I need to cut by internet bill now, but it all seems to be full fibre/digital broadband and phone these days. 

chubb.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@Alditha68 

You would need to contact the helpline provider now, as they should all be aware of the move to digital voice. Most simple systems will work, but any that use modem communications will not.

It may mean moving the connection from the wall socket, to the back of the router.

Message 5 of 6

did you check you qualify for home essential packages?  https://www.bt.com/terms/home-essentials

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 6

Hi, yes I claim Universal Credit and don't see a problem there.
0 Ratings