Message 1 of 9

Caller ID

What's the service where someone who calls your landline (and who isn't saved to your phone's contacts) has to say their name before you decide whether to accept the call? I'm getting my dad new BT cordless phones but need to know that this service is included. I've googled call blocking but that involves blocking certain numbers - the service my dad needs is whether to accept or decline the call, as above. Thanks.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Caller ID

Call Guardian.

The BT 4600 has it & seems to be well regarded. Other BT models also have it though.

Edit: Looks like they may have dropped the "Call Guardian" name in favour of "Call Blocking". If in doubt, look for the online manual & this logo of the front page:

rbz5416_0-1718718579720.png

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Thanks so much for your reply. The phone my dad is looking to get is the BT 7660 cordless phone, so I'll look at the spec (if anyone else has this phone, could you advise if it includes this service?).

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

@JuLew77 

That phone only has a basic call blocker, which is ineffective, as there are an infinite number of spam callers.

Get the BT4600 instead, that does have what you are looking for. 

https://www.bt.com/help/user-guides/phones/landline-phones/cordless-phones-with-answer-machine/bt460...

"Uses multi-award winning trueCall blocking technology*

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Looks like that only has blocking by number, which in a world of spoofed numbers is next to useless.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Thank you - I'll look at the BT4600. Appreciate your reply.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Thank you - I appreciate your reply.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

The EE Store has a configuration tool to help select by other features he may want/need.

https://store.ee.co.uk/brands/bt/phone-finder?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

That's great, thanks.

0 Ratings