cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Home Move and no Master Socket

I am in the process of moving home, the move is booked with BT for a week next Monday, however we picked up the keys this week for the new place.

The place already has a phone connection, because of this I haven’t booked an Engineer.  The problem is that whilst doing some work the master socket has been removed!  I called BT (Lack) of Customer Services to add an Engineer call.  Computer Says No, can’t even change the date, and can’t book an engineer until the service has switch!

it just taken over a week to replace a defective router because they insisted on a visit and then the rep that turned up didn’t have a the correct router on the van!

Anyway I can get a new Master Socket without going through BT?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Home Move and no Master Socket

Amazon

Message 3 of 4

"The problem is that whilst doing some work the master socket has been removed! "

Who removed the master socket, why did they remove it, and what did they do with it? Can you get it back from them? If the copper cable is still present in the house you can re-connect either the original master socket, or a new one procured, as licquorice suggests, from Amazon
Message 4 of 4

I think some builders, the socket is long gone, however the cabling is there in the wall box

0 Ratings