cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Home Phone Saver Plan - Why Are BT Sales Staff Deliberately Hiding It?

As-per the title, I'm wondering if BT staff have been instructed to only discuss this package if customers know about it already? I didn't, until I spent a few hours on the internet today researching it all.  I've been enquiring lately about a 'landline and calls only' deal for my retired parents, as broadband is not required. As an aside, my folks were BT customers for many decades and only moved to Sky 18 months ago because the value of BT's offering had gone too low.

Anyway, I had a couple of conversations with BT staff, who both insisted that the cheapest deal currently is £12.09 for a line + £18 for anytime calls (per month), whereas HPSP is virtually the same thing for £21.99 per month, isn't it? It's rather cheeky all-round though, because I'd asked them what their absolute lowest price was, plus according to other providers no-one should really be charging for a 'line' if they insist on switching you over to full fibre (which just  huge inconvenience to the whole thing quite frankly), because historically the line charge was effectively to help  maintain the old copper connection.

To be honest, price aside, it would be better for now if BT would agree to reconnect the existing copper connection, which is still in operation with Sky but they've just doubled their price and won't come down much because, like BT, they also want £18 for the anytime calls element.  Anyway, isn't it dishonest of the BT staff to not say anything; a 'lie of neglect' if you will?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Home Phone Saver Plan - Why Are BT Sales Staff Deliberately Hiding It?

do your parents qualify here   https://www.bt.com/terms/home-essentials

if so they can get phone only here  https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Bad-customer-service/m-p/2330514?lightbox-message-images-...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 3

Re: Home Phone Saver Plan - Why Are BT Sales Staff Deliberately Hiding It?

No, they're not on any benefits.

0 Ratings