Message 1 of 10

How do you get dv configured on hub

3 hours on mobile the call centre have never heard of this problem ,  my 18 month old dect bt phone is too old, no adapters, will ring back ha ha. 

Came to BT to try and get a good setup, thanks what a joke

Would I recommend anyone no way.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: How do you get dv configured on hub

What is the problem ? Is it you were advised that as part of the PSTN switch off , you were being migrated to DV and the date has arrived but no DV ? , if that’s the case your old PSTN should still be working, or is it that you are a new customer and took telephony as part of the ‘deal’ , and although a phone is connected to the router phone port you have no telephony ( but the broadband is working ) , or something else ?
In all cases  , you should check the router interface to see if DV is configured or not .

Message 3 of 10

Phone line

Anyone help. New full fibre put in but no landline,  hub manager says phone not configured.  8 hours on the phone to  bt going over the same thing to be told dect phone is too old . Now 8 days after setup they agree to  send engineer. 

Any ideas who else to contact 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Re: Phone line

have you tried a factory reset of SH2 by pressing recessed button on back and holding 20/30 secs until hub lights flash and then see if DV shows as active

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

A BT "engineer" visit is a complete waste of everyone's time. Until the SH2 shows your number, it's not going to work.

"Never heard of that before" accompanied by no clue whatsoever of how to either fix or escalate seems to be a pretty standard response, regardless of the issue. A random made up lie such as your phone being too old is also sadly all too common.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Reset 10 times gone through 8 hours of BT questions and checks just told I need a new phone as my 1 year old dect phone is too old. 

The hub says not configured so its not going too work, but they won't listen, never had this problem before apparently, I suggested they tried looking on here.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Try telling BT 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Use the Digital Voice troubleshooter link on this page https://www.bt.com/help/landline/digital-voice--i-have-a-problem-with-my-service

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

I have been through all the checks for BT, phone is fine as it works in my neighbours. It's trying to get the person on line or phone to understand that it's not configured. If my laptop was not configured to the internet then it would not work, surely the same for phone line.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

as previously posted until your phone number shows as active in hub manager you are not going to get DV to work.  As posted others found a factory reset not just a simple reset was enough to get it to work

you could try FTTP TEAM who used to be able to help with DV problems 08005874787 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings