cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

How does BT contact me when phone is not working

Go to solution

Landline is not working been in touch with BT faults was told closed issue will be re opened or something like that (fault first reported in September).

Notice on my account the contact customer box was tex to mobile, not possible as I don't have mobile on my account.

Changed it today to email.

Is there a way to contact BT about this without phoning.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: How does BT contact me when phone is not working

Go to solution

What level of sarcasm are you expecting in your answer?  You have to give them something to go on!  If you know your account number, you could always try writing them a letter!  Or maybe you could drop by a high-street EE shop.  Failing that, it seems like we are down to telepathy or smoke signals!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Do not understand where sarcasm comes into this?

Thanks for your suggestions.... yes I could send a letter but have you seen cost of stamps, no EE shop around here, telepathy is not something I am familiar with and smoke signals are difficult with smokeless fuel. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

As you apparently have an Internet connection because you have an email address you could use the online chat.

https://www.bt.com/help/contact-bt/technical-support/landline

Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Great thanks for the link.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@colin2018wrote:

Notice on my account the contact customer box was text to mobile, not possible as I don't have mobile on my account.

Duh! The fact that your mobile number isn't with BT does not prevent them texting you. Your mobile number should be recorded on your profile.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

There is no mobile signal here.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @colin2018, which network is it you have your mobile with, and what model of phone are you using? 
Many providers now offer the option of WiFi calling, which allows you to use your home broadband connection to carry calls in place of the normal cellular signal. 

If available, this is just a toggle you enable in your phone's settings, and you continue to make and receive calls the same way you always would.

Peter

0 Ratings