cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

I am looking to change by fttp router for a third party router, I have a dv phone connected

Go to solution

I am looking to change my fttp router for a third party ax router, I have a dv phone connected to my smart hub 2.

Is there a way of using the dv phone with a third party router without the need to connect the new router to the smarthub.

Also if thats not the case, can you use the dv phone on the smarthub if the smarthub is set to bridge mode

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: I am looking to change by fttp router for a third party router, I have a dv phone connected

Go to solution

As has been posted countless times on the forum which the briefest of searches would reveal.

DV can ONLY be used if the SH2 is the first device connected to the ONT. The SH2 doesn't have a bridge mode and even if it did, by definition it would not have access to the IP layer.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: I am looking to change by fttp router for a third party router, I have a dv phone connected

Go to solution

Understand its a pity BT dont offer a voip solution for DV phones, I'll have to picky back off the smart hub 2 the third party router to keep the dv phone. Not ideal.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

BT DV is more secure than standard VOIP. You can always use a third party VOIP provider with your third party router  instead of BT for voice.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Running your own router connected through the SH2 works very well.  I have DV via the SH2 and then all other traffic is passed to my Draytek.

0 Ratings