cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Land line issue on and off for 7 months

Hi, I have been having issues on my landline service for 7 months. Reached out to BT Account Team, Tech Team, Team Values for numerous time but this has never been resolved so wonder if anyone experienced the same issue and got a solution to it.

When I try to make outgoing calls, there is a recorded message saying "my bill has not been paid and once it has been paid, BT can reconnect my phone in 24 hours".  I used direct debit and my bill has always been paid on time. But I keep receiving this recorded message from time to time. BT sent engineers to come check for a few times, the landline might work for a few days after the visit. However, same message saying my bill was due would re-appear. Already ordered a new set of phone from BT and set up by their engineer, BT also tried reboot the phone, modem and service from backend, it usually works a few days until the voice message of "my bill was due" appears again. I already contacted team Values, arranged engineer visit, an engineer came in, checked everything - broadband and phones, tried incoming and outgoing calls on our landline and it worked. When I tried to make outgoing calls, I got a voice message, saying my account is due and hence cannot make outgoing calls.

It is very annoying and frustrating. 

I used to have another account with another land line number with BT which has been terminated. I don't know if this might be the possible reason?

Appreciated if anyone can shred some lights on how to deal with this. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Land line issue on and off for 7 months

Am I correct in thinking that your direct debit continues to be taken by BT?
If, on the contrary, there has been some hiccup with that then that will be why you're getting the "bill has not been paid" message, even if the hiccup is at BT's end
Message 3 of 3

Re: Land line issue on and off for 7 months

Hi chrisjp., thanks. The direct debit was set up directly for the 2nd (current) account, which was not transferred from the previous & terminated account.
0 Ratings