cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Landline to mobile problem

When we call our son's mobile from our landline we get the message "Number not recognised". When we call him on a mobile we either get through or get to leave a message. What's the matter with the landline?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Landline to mobile problem

does this happen if you call your own mobile number or just your son?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

I think that it is just our son's mobile. But having said that I am not sure that we call many other mobiles from our landline.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Just tried calling him again - on the mobile I got his Asda mobile answering service - on the landline I got "number not recognised"

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Are you dialing the number manually yourself so , lift handset , get dialtone, dial 07*********, or are you recalling a number stored in the phone directory and using that memory entry to call ? , if it’s the second option , try dialing the number in full yourself not relying on the number stored in the phone , checking that the number you call is identical to the number used from your mobile 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

I have now switched my own mobile off before calling it from the landline and I got my answering service OK.

Does this perhaps mean its an issue between BT and Asda Mobile?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

I had already checked that the number in the landline memory was correct but after your suggestion I tried "dialling" * it and still got "number not recognised"

* I sometimes miss the old dial phones! - They were so much easier! All you might get was the occasional crossed line which was much more interesting!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

If your son is on Asda Mobile that’s a Mobile Virtual Network Operator on Vodafone , if you know someone else with Vodafone mobile ( directly on VF ) , try them , see if it connects, but your instinct that it may be a problem between BT and Asda ( Vodafone ) may be correct, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s at the BT end .

Is your BT landline on DV ( plugged into the router ) or still on PSTN ( plugged into the wall socket ) ?

0 Ratings