cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Line Cord Error

Hi,

Ever since changing the phone line across to the WiFi box we can receive calls however cannot make them from the landline as it come up with an error message saying:

Please check the line cord.

We have checked all connections and no change. Please advise.

Thanks,

Gemma

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Line Cord Error

You can receive calls on the same handset that reports the error when calling out? If so that's very odd as the error indicates a lack of a physical connection between the phone & an active line.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Yes, that's why I thought it was strange! What do I need to do to change that? Thanks again!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

The most common cause is cables being mixed up. But if you can receive a call that would seem to exclude that. I can only suggest a factory reset of the Hub using the hole in the back. It needs to be help for a while until the lights flash, could be 20-30s.

If that doesn't work you'll have to try another phone. If that's the same it would suggest that the Hub is faulty. You could of course try another phone before resetting the Hub.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Thank you for your advice, I will give that all a go! Thanks for your time! 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

One other thing you can try is plug an ADSL filter (the little matchbox sized one) into the phone port on the router and plug the phone in to this.

The router phone port doesn’t produce 50v like the old PSTN system, Thais may be why your phone doesn’t think it’s plugged in.

Message 7 of 7

See https://bt-digital-voice.blogspot.com/p/bt-smart-hub-2.html

Quote " In effect, the Hub's phone socket appears to replicate the output parameters of a master socket, except that the DC voltage on Terminal 2 (B-Wire) is +47.9V with respect to Terminal 5 (A-Wire).  This is slightly lower and in reverse polarity compared with the 50V encountered on a PSTN line.  "

The issue may be due to an incorrectly wired plug, a faulty relay in the hub, or hub internal 50V invertor.