cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Lost digital phone connection. Full Fibre 100.

In July I was told I had to change from BT to EE when renewing my contract but the changeover went badly wrong. Broadband moved to EE but the phone account remained with BT.  The EE account was never fully functioning.  I therefore asked to be reinstated with BT, thinking better the devil you know.   This seemed to be easy enough but went badly wrong.  On Fri 11 Oct I was told by the member of the Data Team dealing with the problem that everything had been sorted out.  The following day, Sat 12 Oct, I discovered our phone was no longer connected.  Since then I have spent several more hours on my mobile and spoken to 4 'Guides' who was dealing with the change back to BT.  The last 'Guide' I spoke to yesterday,  Mon 15 Oct said the phone would be reconnected by midnight.  It is now 4:00am on Tuesday and the phone is still not working. I am now paying for Unlimited Minutes plus Add-ons but don't have a phone line!  I have made 3 complaints over the course of the last couple of months but no-one seems to want to help.  My Aide Memoire is now almost 4 pages long and I am losing the will to live plus the stress is not helping my dicky heart and MS.  Please can someone help?

Jill

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lost digital phone connection. Full Fibre 100.

Hi @JR65 

Welcome to the community.

I'm going to send you a private message to try and get you some help with this. Could you take a look in a few minutes and get back to me please?

Thanks

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

It's good that the moderators are offering help, but why oh why do we continually read posts to this Community that complain of the shambles they've had to endure when being moved from BT to EE?
It really is about time BT sorted this out, or paused their enforced migrations to EE until they can actually make them work properly
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Apparently the problem has been passed to the engineers to try to fix but isn't just a case of flicking a switch so could take some time.  I don't know how a phone can so easily be disconnected but so hard to reconnect.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I have now discovered how to check my  WiFi and router settings with the BT Hub Manager by entering the code into my browser but won't do this at the moment because the BT Guide I spoke to this morning about yet another MSN Message I received, which created a hopefully non-disrupting problem, seems to think my Hub isn't set up for digital voice, which is odd as we have have had digital phones for over 2 years and the problems only began when we were partially switched to EE and I asked to be fully switched back to BT.  He said he will try to fix it himself but will ring me back later today.  However, he may have to leave it with the engineers to deal with digitally, which I hope will be very soon.  Incidentally, I was told that Openreach engineers no longer do home visits, though Halo 3 advises these are part of the package.

0 Ratings