cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Minutes used high - due to 'special services' outgoing calls???

I had an automated email yesterday warning me I am about to exceed my monthly minutes allowances and if it carried on for another two months I would automatically be put on a different (more expensive obviously...) tariff.

I just downloaded my latest billing PDF and there are over 70 minutes' worth of calls to 'special services' 0345 numbers!!!  35 minutes on one call alone!  We have no alarm monitoring or any other gizmo that dials out without my knowledge.  We are a retired couple and don't use the landline all that often.

What are these phantom minutes and how can I stop them? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Minutes used high - due to 'special services' outgoing calls???

Google the actual numbers on the bill & see if that reveals where the calls are going.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

0345 are typically businesses and are included in your allowance, Barclays for example is an 0345 number.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Yes, I know that businesses often use these 0345 numbers, but Googling I have identified one as being that - and it shows up on my BT phone when I scroll through calls made, and that's fine.

But for the bogus ones, Google doesn't show anything, and they also do not show up on my handset's record of calls.

0 Ratings