Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Must Have A New Phone Number

Spoiler

Hi

A strange one….

My elderly mother has been having problems with her (ADSL) broadband, so I rang Plusnet (her provider) to fault it, we all agreed the way forward was to switch/transfer to BT FTTP, even thou she is still in a Plusnet contract period they are happy to wave fees and transfer my mother to BT. 
What’s slightly annoying thou is Plusnet are adamant that my mother cannot transfer her phone number which she’s had for 23+ years accross to BT Digital Voice and will have to have a new number ! 
Has anyone else come across this issue of not being able to transfer across your phone number to the new BT digital voice service? 
Can a Moderator help? @JohnC2 @PaddyB @DanielS @NeilO @DavidM 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Must Have A New Phone Number

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

@Bermo 

Are you sure your mother is being "transferred" to an FTTP connection? FTTP, Fibre to the Premises is ultra fast and mainly of little or no use to many of the elderly (of which I am one but hardly a technophobe)?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Yes it is an FTTP connection, she has gone with the Fibre 1 package - 50mbps, that will be fine for what she does. The ONT etc is all ready installed in the house from the previous owner, they are reactivating it all next week as well as sending a SmartHub 2 and digital phones in the post. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Yes, we've got the same problem. BT is apparently unable to switcvh our exisiting phone number from Talktalk to our new FTTP broadband connection. 

We're chasing BT to find a solution.  

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@terrspen 

Since my original posting I have made contact with BT with the order number and they assured me the telephone Number is showing as porting over to them from Plusnet, transfer day is Wednesday so will wait and see thou, it’s just strange that Plusnet were adamant it wasn’t possible!
I’ll update on Thursday.  

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@terrspen 

Switched from Plusnet to BT FTTP today and despite Plusnet insistent it be a new phone number the existing number did port across, happy days. 

0 Ratings