cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

My 84yr old parents had Bt engineer visit leaving them with no landline and very frustraited

hi my 84yr old parents both have no mobility had a bt engineer visit this morning leaving them all day no connection to outside world. we cannot call them ask if shopping needed they cannot call out for HELP!

I even told BT it very important that they must have a connection at all times due to vulnerability and having no mobility. Dont no whats gone off any advice as all BT lines are down now one my parents call on carers mobile in distress 😞

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: My 84yr old parents had Bt engineer visit leaving them with no landline and very frustraited

@anthonyburton1938a 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

Try calling 0800 800 151 and reporting the phone fault and explain that they are vulnerable.

Are they registered for priority service?

See https://www.bt.com/help/landline/getting-set-up/help-people-with-impairments-or-with-particular-need...

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: My 84yr old parents had Bt engineer visit leaving them with no landline and very frustraited

When you say, BT Engineer do you mean a BT Home Visit, i.e. from Qube Communications to do some kind of Home Visit for their Internet?

Or do you mean a visit from an Openreach Engineer to Install Fibre, fix a Broadband Fault, etc?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @anthonyburton1938a

Welcome to the BT Community and thank you for your post!

I am sorry that your Parents have been left without service.  I appreciate that due to their vulnerability it's really important that the service is always available for them.  Can you post back and let me know how things are now please?  Hopefully they're back up and running.  If there are any issues outstanding let us know as we'll be more than happy to help out from here.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings