cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: My Gigaset E560A phone (Which Best Buy) does not seem compatible with BT Digital voice

Let's try to see where the problem lies with a bit of logical fault finding.

1.Does a corded phone work if plugged directly into the hub?

2. Does the Gigaset handset work if the base station is plugged directly into the hub?

3. Does a corded phone work if plugged into the adapter after the adapter gas been paired to the hub?

4. Does the Gigaset handset work if the base station is plugged into the adapter at a different location to that ultimately required?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 20

Re: My Gigaset E560A phone (Which Best Buy) does not seem compatible with BT Digital voice

Dear Distinguished Sage,

Thanks for trying to help me but I do not intend to spend any more time and effort trying  to get the Gigaset E560A working properly.  If engineers sent by BT have not been able to get this working and BT appear to have given up trying to do so anyway I have agreed to accept BT's offer to supply BT phones free of charge which they assure me will work and to see what happens, once I receive these BT phones and tried to install them.  I posted on 'Community' because BT clients who apparently will in the future be subjected to losing their landlines and Digital Voice installed need to be warned in case they (as many people do) go for Which magazine's Best Buy and buy E560A.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

As you have not by any means proved where the fault lies, your warning of problems with using Gigaset handsets is a best disingenuous and at worst  downright incorrect.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

Out of curiosity, who employed the technician that BT sent to try and get this to work for you, was it an Openreach , BT or ‘Bright Spark’ type technician…TBH , I wouldn't have thought OR ,  it’s passed the demarcation point , so interconnection wouldn’t be their responsibility, BT , they do have some staff, but do they do home visits to sort out third party DECT phones ?, or a Bright Spark type tech, who no doubt try what they can but presumably are not experts in this area,   unless BT with the DV rollout have provided some extra training etc. on interconnecting third party kit to the SH2, my guess would be a Bright Spark type tech, sent, not because they are experts , but because your provider wanted to be seen doing something rather than simply saying ‘not our problem’

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 20

They were sent after I complained to BT. I did not ask who they were employed by.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

the DV phones you get from BT either essential or advanced phones will pair to the SDH2 dect base without any problems  just follow the instructions and pairing is very quick

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

It would be on their uniform and the vehicle they turned up in, as I said , just curious, wasn’t expecting you to know their names etc, 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 20

Staff that BT send out to install equipment or correct faults ring the front door bell and some identity. I let them in and do whatever they are supposed to do. They are polite and explain what they do.
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

You could have just said I don’t know , the entire point I was making is that you said if the ‘engineer’ that was sent couldn’t sort it out, then person who offered help on this forum was unlikely to be able to help, my point was , given the varying levels of ‘expertise’ the visitor may have had ( or not had ) the chances are the expertise offered on this forum may be superior to that of your visitor , but without knowing who visited you, it’s hard to judge if you had and professional or a well meaning amateur visit you.
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 20

My apologies Iniltus, I was abrupt and sounded rude - did not mean to be. This whole business has got me down!  

You make a good point and I may take this point up with BT after I have got my phone system going --When BT says they will send an 'engineer' they may not mean it is someone with any qualification or proper training to deal with problems like the one I was faced with.    

Tryhard. 

0 Ratings