cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Need to block all of Birmingham....

As stated,  the call-blocking phone is your best option in this scenario.    It does mean waiting for the phone to be delivered,  and for that matter it also means shelling out for another phone that you probably don't need,  but in the scheme of things it's still the optimum solution.    Even if BT or any other provider could or would block all numbers whose CLI included the Birmingham code  ( which I doubt ),  by the time you got them to do it,  you'd still be better off just getting the new phone and have done with it  -  although I'm bound to ask,  if you do want to pursue the idea of asking BT to block that code,  surely the easiest thing  ( and yes,  knowing how long it can take to reach a human being at BT,  I do use that word in it's most generous sense )  would just be to call BT and ask them?

I think we know that you know that the calls aren't actually coming from Birmingham,  but the point is that if this particular scammer actually does have that much of a grudge against you  ( and they're usually thicker-skinned than that  -  they have to be! ),  they could just spoof a different area code and carry on changing it indefinitely for each area code that you block  ( again,  if that were possible ).    I'd love to know what you said in the first place that p*ssed them off to that degree  -  I'd try it myself!!  -  as I've never known a scammer,  either as an individual or a company,  to waste their own time in a pursuit like this.

In the short term,  you might want to think about either unplugging the phone  ( unless you have a dozen phones )  or leaving it off the hook.    I know,  before you say it,  that that's inconvenient;   but if the scammer is calling regularly and often enough that it's actually blocking your line as you say,  you're not going to be any worse off,  and at least the phone won't be ringing every five minutes.

P.S.:  Just read the last couple of posts:  I'm not familiar with the technology you're referring to,  but if you can do that,  once again,  it'll be a sight quicker than investigating the possibility of BT doing it for you  -  which,  as has been said,  they almost certainly can't.    Even then,  though,  the scammer can still spoof from a different area code once they twig what you're doing.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

Hi @dance welcome to the community and thanks for posting, what a nuisance, I can appreciate why you want to block that area code, but unfortunately, this is not a service we provide.

The options recommended such as Call Protect or a call-blocking phone would be the route BT would advise you to take. Alternatively, there is the option to change your land line number if that's something you'd consider?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

Are you a Business Customer of BT Retail /Consumer? 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

@Devon_Dave wrote:

Are you a Business Customer of BT Retail /Consumer? 

See last paragraph in message 9.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

I think there is a lesson to be learnt here. Don't upset the scammers. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

Indeed -  but see fourth paragraph of message 7.

but thank you!

0 Ratings