cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

New Phone System Question

Go to solution

We have upgraded our internet to Fibre & with that we have upgraded to VoIP.

We need to have 4 or 5 cordless phones for use around the building & the ones we currently have are DECT (4 off Panasonic KX-TGCA41E).

We currently have just the new VoIP desk phone (Cisco IP Phone 6861) working.

I have read that I can plug the DECT phones into the back of the Smart Hub 2 (the port had a sticker with "Do Not Use" over the port).

When I plug in the DECT Phones they report "check Phone Line", so I dont think the port is working.

Am I doing something Wrong?

If we bite the bullet & buy a multi pack of new VoIP cordless phones, can I buy any VoIP Phones or do they have to be a certain type/model to work with the Smart Hub 2. I don't want to spend Hundreds of pounds on phones that won't work with the hub.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: New Phone System Question

Go to solution

if you have DV activated then you should be able to connect the panasonic base station to the green phone socket on back of SH2 and phones should work.  you can also get a DV adapter which plug into power socket and then connect panasonic base to that if that would be positioned in better place for coverage

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

This is BT Retail, you need BT Business.

https://business.forums.bt.com/

Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Is Digital voice not activated if I have the supplied  VoIP phone connected to the hub & working? I assumed it must be.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
Appologies I didnt realise I was in the wrong Forum.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Are you a business customer? E.g get your broadband and voice service from BT Business rather than from the consumer unit BT Consumer? If so yes you'll need to use the business forum rather than here.

If you are a consumer customer then

If you go to http://192.168.1.1 which is the web gui for the smart hub 2. You should see a phone card as shown below. Do you see you number on it?

FaoSxWHXgAA3sSm.jpeg

If so then when you click on it it should give you the digital voice status

Fhl2dmhX0AEGzKX.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
bussiness user, so i've started a thread over there, but thatnks for the help so far & Ill have a look at the hub's admin page & see if anything is jumping out at me in line with what you've posted.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

@MP-Fab ah yeah business unit provides different types of VoIP products so yes it may work different to how it works for consumer customers. Hence why the ATA port on the BT Business Smart Hub doesn't work.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

I've gone into the web interface & there is no specific section for phone. just the phone being shown on its port number. so it looks like DECT phones are unsupported. Thanks for taking the time to help.

0 Ratings