Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

New customer with existing BT line

Go to solution

Hello all

hope all is well

im new here so sorry if I’ve posted this on the incorrect page?

I basically have a new hub being delivered on the 2nd feb with an engineer coming to install on the 4th.

we have gone for the broadband and phone package as was previously with virgin.

I told BT when ordering that we do have an old BT line from the post out the front coming into the house but it’s basically disconnected before entering the house as currently coiled up inside our porch.

im just confirming that when the engineer does come that they also rectify this too?

I don’t want them just turning up to install our broadband to then disappear without the landline being sorted too?

hope the above makes sense 

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: New customer with existing BT line

Go to solution

Do you know which BT package your have ordered? 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Hi steve

We have got the fibre 2 broadband and the digital voice 700 mins 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

Okay - I think that is provided by Fibre To The Premises (FTTP).

This does not use the old copper phone wires but BT will provide a fibre optic cable to your house. Your phone will be Digital Voice.

Installation entails getting the fibre to your property (via an existing  duct or overhead). In the house there will be a small white modem - which needs a power supply, and a BT hub which again needs a power supply.

Give some thought as to where you would like these items to be located and chat it through with the engineer.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

If you check here  you should be able to see the FTTP status of your property.

See attached example.Screenshot 2022-01-30 at 18.24.09.png

Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

Fibre 1 and Fibre 2 can be FTTC (Fibre to the Cabinet) then copper to the house and you can have Digital Phone with this so you may not be getting FTTP (Fibre to the Premises).

In any event, if you are getting an engineer visit to install the broadband  he/she will ensure that you have a working telephone by which ever means your broadband is being delivered.

Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

@Chriscopland1981  If you are getting Digital Voice, you can't have one without the other, they are both delivered via the same cable, either copper or fibre.

Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

@Chriscopland1981wrote:

I don’t want them just turning up to install our broadband to then disappear without the landline being sorted too?

The engineer will install the line and/or master socket to get your service working, the broadband is delivered over the phone line, it'll be fine 🙂

Message 9 of 14

Go to solution
Hi there

Thanks for the info.
Just checked and we don’t have this service for fibre in the area at the moment so not quite sure what they will do but guess they will get over it
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution
Cheers kudo
0 Ratings