cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

New home bt home phone unable to make or receive calls

I had FFTP installed yesterday and it is all working great, the wifi is working fine with my TV's, phone and tablet BUT I cannot get the two Essential Digital home phones to work. I have paired the phones with the router as per instructions and they come up with 'Phone registered' but followed by 'unable to make or receive calls' and 'no internet connection' have deregistered and re paired but still the same results. What is going on please?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: New home bt home phone unable to make or receive calls

It would appear Digital Voice hasn't been activated yet. You can register the handsets without DV being active.

Does a phone number show in the hub manager phone section?

Message 3 of 13

Thank you, just checked and under the phone icon is say's 'not yet configured' does this mean it has not been activated by BT?

Message 4 of 13

yes

try phoning FTTP TEAM from mobile08005874787 and see if they can help activate phone.  if diverted to CS hang up and try later

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 13

@royc 

You might have to do a hub restart using the web interface or just a power off , power on.

I had to do that but it might just have been coincidental that it worked after that.

Message 6 of 13

Have tried turning router on and off but still the same 'unable to receive or make call'

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

you could try a factory reset by pressing the recessed button on back and holding 20/30 secs until hub lights flash and see if that helps  you will need to pair phones again

still think you should try FTTP TEAM

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Have now been speaking to the FTTP team as suggested and after a lot of digging around by the girl in the FTTP team it seems like I am still down on the BT system as a home phone user (via copper cable) even though I requested and was sent two digital voice handsets when I ordered full fibre and. the Full fibre guys severed the copper line yesterday when installing fibre line to the premises. I have an Engineer coming to see me to try and sort things out. bit of a nightmare but will see how it fans out from here.

Message 9 of 13

Unless the engineer is intending to re-connect your copper service, the visit will be pointless. Its a configuration change at the 'exchange', nothing at your premises.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

From what I was led to believe today from talking to the girl in the FFTP team there is no way they will be putting me on digital voice until the general roll out in 2025. I am guessing they will be trying to see if they can re-connect the copper service for the landline. I know when I ordered the FFTP there was the option of going on digital voice or staying on the old landline via some sort of dongle/adapter. I choose to go digital.
0 Ratings