cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

No caller display

Go to solution

Hi I’m trying without Success to set up caller display on my elderly in-laws phones having tried *#234# not available, spoken to bt on 152 after waiting 30 min to connect ( twice) ,only to be told they will do line check and call me back as using same line to contact gave my mob no also never heard back from them, so frustrating, anyone with a solution will be gratefully received . Thanks Rich. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: No caller display

Go to solution

@Dicksdiner 

That is quite a common problem where the exchange configuration is lost, and is out of sync with the account.

To fix it, they need to remove the caller display option from MyBT, and progress that order.

Then wait 24 hours and add it again. That will reload the customer profile within 24 hours.

Please post back with an update to say whether that fixes the problem.

Note that caller display is not enabled by default, on a new account.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

@Dicksdiner 

If you called 152, then that is BT Business, and would not be able to help with BT Residential lines, which is why they did not call back.

I assume it is a BT residential line that you are trying to sort out?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks Keith,  I’ll do what you recommend, BT said they would raise it with Openreach ,that was a week ago so no help there. They said it should be active on account . Rich.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@Dicksdiner wrote:

Thanks Keith,  I’ll do what you recommend, BT said they would raise it with Openreach ,that was a week ago so no help there. They said it should be active on account . Rich.

If  *#234# says not available, then its not programmed into the exchange equipment. That is a separate function to what is on the account. Its the change in account status that triggers the upload to the exchange via the OMC. This normally happens overnight.

By removing the caller display feature, then adding it again, triggers a change in state.

Openreach will not be able to fix it, as its an exchange configuration issue. The exchanges are very old, which is why they are being closed down.

The only exception to this process is for customers who have BT Digital Voice, and the customer  controls the status directly via MyBT.

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks to Keith the solution he recommend worked by removing the service and adding it back on after a day it’s now working as it should apologies for delay as I’ve been away,  thanks again .