cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Obtaining a landline for a elderly person panic / care alarm

Go to solution

Current situation is my Mum has a granny flat attached to my sister's house.

The main house switched from BT to Virgin but my mothers panic / care alarm has to be plugged into the incoming socket; it doesn't work through an extension. Therefore its currently plugged in next door and not accessible to her.

Therefore I would like a new new landline installed within the granny flat, simply to cater for the care / panic alarm and to be able to move it into Mum's flat. 

Can anyone advise if this is possible and what product would best suit this arrangement?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Obtaining a landline for a elderly person panic / care alarm

Go to solution

@aliballibee 

Place an order for a phone line  using this link - https://www.bt.com/landline/deals

If the address doesn't appear properly when you enter the postcode, there is a section underneath where you can manually enter the address. This will raise the order with the address showing as bronze and it will prompt Openreach to carry out a survey to confirm the routing. Once the routing is updated the order will then progress as normal.

Remember to specify the flat number.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Before ordering a new line I'd investigate the Virgin setup a bit further. It may simply be that like with BT's Digital Voice service on fibre, all you need is a cable plugged into the Virgin Hub & then into an existing phone socket, That would then re-enable her extension.

Edit

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Why-must-I-move-my-phones-and-plug-them-into-the-vir...

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks - I'll take a look at the options cost wise, since it'll have little or no use
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks - speaking to my sister tonight they've had issues with Virgin recently so might stick with the BT option.
0 Ratings