Message 1 of 2

FTTP & DV

I've just recently signed up for FTTP and DV. Installation is due later this month. I understand that the engineer will come and connect fibre from the pole to my house and then through the wall to the ONT. I already have a SH2 although it's not configured for voice. I also have two DECT phones - one on each floor of the house.

What I'm really looking for is some clarity about what I'll need/get going forward. For example, I've seen people on here say they've been sent a new SH2 while others haven't been sent anything. I've also seen people have been sent a digital handset with Alexa. Nothing like this was offered to me - does it just arrive? Finally, my current phones are BT8600 with call-blocking; will these still function (or at least, can I still use them) if I have DV?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: FTTP & DV

Why do you need another SH2 if you already have one? You can't configure it for DV until DV is enabled on your line.

You need to ask customer services for the handsets.

You can still use your current base station and handsets by simply plugging the base station into the green socket at the rear of the hub when you have been moved to DV.

0 Ratings