cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Old Dect to Smart Hub 2 not working.

I have moved and have phone cable broadband and Smart Hub 2 ( from previous house fttp )

BT supplied emergency phone works ,as in mobile network connected .

Connecting old Dect phones to green socket gives no signal/line cord disconnect message .Same non Dect phone .

Not sure if BT have given me a new number .

BB and WiFi all working circa 72 meg

One point to note master socket is out of electric reach ,so connected to lounge phone socket for BB router.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Old Dect to Smart Hub 2 not working.

@jje 

Have you been moved to digital voice ?  You can check by going to hub manager and see if phone number shown and active.  If not on DV then socket on back of hub will not work and phone still needs connect normal phone socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Sounds like you may have mixed up some cables in the move. Not all BT431a to RJ11 cables are created equal. Try all the cables you have & hopefully one should work.

Edit: As @imjolly says, were you told toy would be on DV at the new address? Just because you had DV previously doesn't necessarily mean you would retain it in a move. I was assuming that the BT handset referenced as newly supplied but now realise you may have brought that with you.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

BT supplied digital phone with home move order told I would be on digital .

Not digital on previous home just FTTP and phone on landline.

Cables just the ones in use with DECT phone at last address.

Will have to check if DV is setup via app when I get back in tomorrow.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

UPDATE

Some error with the order was the root cause.

Compensation as a slight discount and set of WiFi discs.

0 Ratings