cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: PAYG costs on digital telephone service, calling 150 is a waste of time can’t speak to cust-serv

Just for the future if you have a ‘free’ regrade  to a full fibre to the premises with Digital Voice, you’ll find that you are limited to PAYG.

Or for an extra £12 or so per month,  Unlimited calls.

The £8.00 for 700mins option is no longer available.

Well that’s what I was told. So now will have to pay an additional £4.00 / month for the ‘free’ regrade. 

To rub salt into the wounds, apparently those with FTTC broadband with a land line phone, who get told they’ll be moving to digital voice as part of the switching off of the PSTN (over their existing FTTC connection) can keep the 700mins option. 

I really can’t fathom why BT can’t simply keep the 700mins option for every customer irrespective of how they physically get their Broadband. It makes no sense. 

Perhaps there are  more enlightened people on the forum who can indeed enlighten me. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

Re: PAYG costs on digital telephone service, calling 150 is a waste of time can’t speak to cust-serv

As far as I'm aware, the only options are PAYG or Unlimited for all customers not just FTTP customers.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Thanks @licquorice 

Ah so when time comes for their contract renewal they ( FTTC customers) too will only have the two choices. 

I dunno, I’m sure that  longer term it’ll cost less to maintain and power the network with all the old kit switched off. And yet here we are  having to pay more.  Canny people those accountants eh?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

@pddco 

I take it you have factored into you assumptions about cost the initial costs that have been incurred by Openreach to change the UK wide infrastructure and installing fibre to every property in the UK and NI along with the ongoing costs to maintain and expand the infrastructre as the technology advances.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

No, of course I haven’t taken it into consideration 😁. A good point well made. But saying that.. wasn’t the annual increase meant to contribute to the on-going maintenance and infrastructure upgrades? Anyway.. off subject but thought I’d moan a bit.

0 Ratings