cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Porting landline number

Go to solution

I’m not sure if this is the correct “board” or even the correct forum but please bear with me.

We have lived at the same address for over 12 years. Our landline number was originally allocated by BT but after a few years we moved our services to TalkTalk, then Shell Energy and lastly to NOW TV.  We now want to transfer or services back to Shell Energy again but they say we can’t retain our existing landline number because NOW TV won’t release it! So I’ve been in touch with our current provider NOW TV who say that’s incorrect and the reason we can’t transfer our number is because we’ve exceeded the maximum number of “portings” which they say is about 2! They’ve said I need to contact BT about it (see, I got there eventually!) and I wondered if anyone on this forum could help please? 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Porting landline number

Go to solution

@Stuthehandyman 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

As you are not a BT Retail customer, this forum cannot help, as BT has nothing to do with the allocation of numbers.

As you are intending to move to Now TV, then you need to post on their user forum.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Forums/ct-p/Forums

Should you become a BT Retail customer, then there is a possibility to get your number back, but only if its been inactive for less than 30 days.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Porting landline number

Go to solution

Hi Keith,

Thanks for you reply but we are not intending to move to NOW TV, we are intending to leave NOW TV and move to Shell Energy. However, I appreciate your statement that BT has nothing to do with the allocation of numbers so at least I can go back to NOW TV with that.

0 Ratings