cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Purple flashing light

Go to solution

I have recently got fibre installed. All is well until today when I realised the phone was not setup correctly when I moved the hub to a cupboard.

I have a triple set of cordless phones for the landlines. I had used the adapter to connect to the router and then plugged the phone base station into the adapter - no free connected to the hub. However, calls were dropping out. 

So I plugged the base station into the back of the router and ever since the hub had been flashing purple. 

I've tried to reset it multiple times including using a clip to press the reset microswitch. 

However no joy. 

Any ideas as to what is wrong and how to fix? 

Also, what way do I need to set up my phone v base station?

Thanks. 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Purple flashing light

Go to solution

If the hub is flashing purple, you have disconnected your broadband. Have you connected the ONT to port4 on the hub after moving it?

You simply need to plug your base station into the green socket at the rear of the hub. However, it won't work as you have no broadband.

Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Yes. Port 4 is marked as WAN. I've tested the cable and it is correct.

The ONT has all green lights. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Are you connecting to the ONT directly or via a patch panel?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution
Directly.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

In the hub manager > Advanced settings > Broadband > Internet , make sure that Full fibre mode is set to ON.

Message 7 of 11

Go to solution
Sounds a silly thing to suggest but I have seen it time and time again - are you sure you have the Ethernet cable pushed all the way into the WAN/Port 4 socket? It should click in very securely with a satisfying 'click' and not be able to just pull out. Worth suggesting the simple things.
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
I see a patch panel as another potential point of failure. Especially in this instance, I don't think it is needed.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Could  the home hub config gone off FTTP mode, so port 4 is just Ethernet, and the flashing blue light is because its expecting a DSL connection?

Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Yes. This was the issue. Not sure why though as it was decent connectors that I bought. Maybe the rubber boot was preventing it from clicking in.
If it goes again, I'll change to a different connector.

Any brand recommendations?

0 Ratings