cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

RJ11 double adaptor with SH2?

Go to solution

Our BT Decor 'phone is plugged into our SH2 (FTTP).  I would like to energise our existing house wiring as well (currently redundant as old copper line is dead).  There is a socket close to the SH2.  Can I plug an RJ11 double adaptor into the SH2 to connect both the 'phone and the network?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: RJ11 double adaptor with SH2?

Go to solution

Yes, but make sure your copper connection is not still connected to the external network.

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Many thanks for prompt response - just what I hoped to hear!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

It's a double ended BT 431 rather than RJ11 that you need.

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

this explains how to connect to activate extensions

https://community.bt.com/t5/Archive-Staging/Correct-way-to-enable-all-BT-sockets-after-Digital-Voice...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Many thanks. I searched through my rather large bag of accumulated cables and other paraphernalia and found a double-ended adaptor, so now have the Decor 'phone and network all connected - very simple for a non-techy person like me. I'll convert the redundant master socket to a flush-mounted socket to look tidier.