cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Re: Digital Voice & DECT.

Go to solution

Hi!
I have had BT digital voice turned on today and want to add my existing phone with 4 handsets and all the saved number - can I?   It is a Panasonic KX-TG6824EB

BT have supplied me with two new Digital Voice phones but as I currently have four handsets, I think I will miss having easy access to a call, not to mention losing all the stored numbers!

Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Go to solution

as already posted here just connect the existing cable which goes from base station to phone socket on wall so the base now connects to the phone socket on back of SH2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
I am new to BT and have don't have the old style BT wall socket for the phone.
The new BT installation is a small white wall box with three cables: white with green on the box end, coming in from outside / white power cable between a plug and the white wall box / a red cable which connects the new hub (red WAN socket) to the white wall box.
As I don't have an old style phone socket on the wall, I tried connecting it into the green 'phone' socket on the back of the router and it didn't work.
Do you have any idea's on how I can make it work?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

you need to check that digital voice is active - enter 192.168.1.254 into your browser address bar and that should take you to hub admin and now enter admin password not wifi shown on back of hub pullout.

now check that your phone number is not greyed out  if greyed out then you need to wait until changes colour showing active then socket on hub will work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks
Done. I can see and access details of my phone, incl uploading phone numbers so am sure it's working. Also, I can make and receive p[hone calls.
Where do I plug the main base unit in when I don't have the old style BT wall socket for a phone? Or do I just have to sync them, in which case, how?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

As already stated, you need to plug your Panasonic base station into the green phone socket at the rear of the hub.

You cannot sync the Panasonic with your Digital Phones or the hub.

DV contacts are entered via the handset but are stored on the hub. Once you have entered them all, I recommend that you take a backup as the contacts will be lost if you factory reset the hub for any reason. There is a backup and export function within the hub settings.

Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Your existing base unit should connect to the green socket on the back of the SH2

Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks for your patience with me. I replugged it in the back of the hub and it seems to be working now. Thanks so much for your help 🙂
0 Ratings