cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Re: Digital Voice - incoming calls not working

Hi @NeilO  We got a call from my Mother-in-Law's carers to say that when they plugged her previous phone into the back of her new BT Broadband router all they got was an engaged tone when they tried calling. It could dial out, but not receive calls. We don't live near, so they asked us to order a compatible Digital Voice handset. The buttons are so small and so close together, with her poor eyesight and after her stroke she finds using it so hard, and she much preferred her "pick up and speak" handset - which was working fine before she was switched to digital.  Instead of throwing that away, could we get it working?  I ask because our experience seems just like this thread? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

@ShamusKR-122 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get personal help from the community or moderators, so please watch this thread for updates.

I do not have DV myself, but other forum members may be able to help, it may be something to do with 1571.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi, @ShamusKR-122 welcome to the community, and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to see your Mum is having problems since switching to digital voice, is the digital voice handset able to dial out?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi @NeilO thanks for your reply. I have an original answer (and a last-minute update, below). When we set it up the digital voice handset was working fine, making and accepting calls. No issues at that point (but she finds the handsets very fiddly and under tuition, was often pressing the wrong buttons). My post was around plugging her original "analogue" phone into the 'phone socket on the router - it was that which could dial out, but had a constant busy tone when one tried to ring in.  That was my question, which I was interested in an answer to, whether fixing that was a simple option.

But as a supplementary question (sorry, greedy) today I got a message from the carers to say the Digital Voice handset has a "key symbol" on the screen and is sending some incoming calls directly to voicemail.  It sounded like call blocking is on, and I was trying to talk the carer through turning call blocking off, but she was not getting the right menu options - as if the handset was "locked"  which they deduced from the key symbol.  I couldn't find any reference to locking the handset in the manual, so we were stuck... is there a such an option?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @ShamusKR-122,

Thank you for posting. It's strange that the digital phone can make and receive calls but the analogue one can only make outgoing calls. Do you have another phone you could test with just to rule out an issue with the analogue phone?

The issue with the call going straight to voice mail sounds like it could be down to Call Protect. You can find out more here - BT Call Protect

Thanks

Paddy

0 Ratings