cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Re: Phone number for vulnerable customer escalation?

Go to solution

Hello @RobbieMac could you also send me details of how to escalate issues for vulnerable customers

My parents are both in their mid-ninties live in an area with no mobile coverage; my father has heart and breathing issues and their emergancy call buttons only work through a landline. They are on the vulnerable list and their phone was reported as not working last Wednesday. A "repair" was done that worked for a few hours and then stopped again. My brother and I have reported the "fix" did not work but we are getting no signs of progress. The phone sounds like it is ringing at my end but it does not ring at their end and they get no dial tone.

This is really life threatening. I would go up their except my wife is seriously ill so I can't leave her I am getting quite desperate as to how to resolve this.

Thank you, 

Martyn 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Go to solution

@Martync 

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get personal help from the community or moderators, so please watch this thread for updates.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you and all the best 

Martyn 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi I’m new to this forum. I just googled your question.

Phone 0330 123 4150

the opening hours are:  mon- fri 8am to 9pm and sat-sun 8am to 8pm

it states if you are vulnerable or helping someone else who is vulnerable, , to tell the person you speak with and they will ensure your (or your parents) account is flagged  . This so they respond appropriately when called. 

I hope this helps a wee bit.  

if your folks are miles away from you, it might be worth  doing a google search for their local police office too. or google the community council for contact info.of course you will need to be sure who you are speaking to, but I find them really helpful in similar situation. 

The community council volunteers are really good where my 90 yrs old mum lives, remote rural North  Scotland , they really do go out their way to help get assistance/support  when needed.

Good luck, I can only imagine how worried you will be . 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Martync,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if your parents have been left without service. If you send me the details, I'll do my best to help them get reconnected.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you very much Paddy, Robbie and Keith. I tried phoning Mum & Dad before doing anything else about this today and they answered and said they also have a dialing tone so it seems it has all been fixed now 🙂. I can appreciate that with all the rain we have had there must have been many calls and peaks like that are difficult to handle but I was getting rather desperate.

Thank you again for your help, all the best,

Martyn