cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Received a call from BT

Hi Guys

I received a phone call, he said he was from BT.

I didn't believe him, suggested he was a 'scammer', he called from 07421XXXXXX (called the number it's a deadline'He said he would send a code, he did (didn't check at the time).

Checked emails, there's a code, checked the email address, I've had emails from that email address before.

Does BT call from mobile numbers?

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Received a call from BT

Definitely an attempted scam , rang from a mobile ( BT wouldn’t do that ) , but often it’s a ‘landline’ number they spoof the number anyway , sending  you a genuine text/email from BT is simple , they  go to the BT website and click on the ‘I’ve forgotten my password’ , BT sends a text to the mobile or email  to the what they have stored for your account, the scammer says ‘I’ve  sent you a text to prove I’m BT ‘ ,

it’s all just nonsense, they only need your  email address to try this  ( as that’s likely to be your user ID ) to do this 

Message 3 of 4

I get scam calls all the time. I often respond - please send me a letter by post. If I am really angry I say - what is wrong with India?  (for me they are always from India)

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

I think my 3rd word to him was 'scammer'. I told him 'your a scammer'.

I told him to get a 'proper job'. Then put the phone down, it was getting 'tedious'. 

I left BT in May '24, so know there are no loose ends.

0 Ratings