cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Reinstating old connection

Go to solution

Hi,

We're completing an outbuilding renovation, which is now a completely separate address etc. The building did used to have a bt connection as it used to be offices, will this connection be able to be reused or will openreach need to do a new install? 

Thanks 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Reinstating old connection

Go to solution

@Paljemer 

Is this a business connection?

It would be an Openreach connection, not a BT one.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

The old connection would have been commercial I'm guessing, but the new one is just for us so presumably residential. When I look on the openreach website it looks like only developers can get in touch? This is a "self-build" renovation so I'm not sure how to get in touch. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@Paljemer 

The best way forward is to place an order with BT Retail. If there is an existing route, then Openreach will re-use it, if not, then they will do a survey.

Try it this way.

Place an order for a line only using this link - https://www.bt.com/landline/deals

If the address doesn't appear properly when you enter the postcode, there is a section underneath where you can manually enter the address.  This will raise the order with the address showing as bronze and it will prompt Openreach to carry out a survey to confirm the routing.   Once the routing is updated the order will then progress as normal.  You can then add broadband once you have the line up and running.