cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Replacement Telehone Extension Socket

Does anybody know where I can buy a telephone extension socket of the same style as the one pictured below please?

The particular feature that is important to me is that the telephone instrument cable plugs in to the side of the socket and not the front. This is because side entry gives a much lower profile overall, and is less liable to damage. The existing, (pictured), socket is showing some signs of corrosion and is becoming noisy.

I have tried the websites of B&Q, Homebase, The Range, Screwfix, Amazon, eBay and CPC Farnell - but all only seem to stock front entry sockets.

TIA

Paul

Telephone Socket.jpg

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Replacement Telehone Extension Socket

No;   but,  as the saying goes,  I may know a man who does.    I've posted the link to this forum elsewhere,  but from experience,  I would say that if anyone would be able to answer this question,  they'll probably be found on that forum.    Alternatively  -  given that the socket in question looks fairly old and may well not be available nowadays  -  they may be able to offer an alternative solution to the problem.

Definitely worth a shot.

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the reply.

The existing telephone socket is not actually that old - well certainly not "vintage" 😀

I fitted it myself after we had Openreach move the master phone socket from the hall to the lounge in 2014 as there is no mains power in the hall for the internet router.

I'll have a look at that forum - thanks again!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

***UPDATE

I've just been up in the loft looking for something else, (didn't find it - isn't that always the way?), but what I did find was a pack of 5 of what I am looking for.

They are not exactly the same as what I have now - these ones are noticably smaller and are supplied with double sided pads to mount them, rather than screws - but they will certainly do!

My luck must be in today, so I've bought an extra ticket for tonight's Euromillions 😀.

What is intrguing me though, is that the pack looks to have originally contained 6 sockets - I have no idea what I did with the other one 😕

In case anyone else is looking for something similar, this is what I have:

In line socketIn line socket

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

I believe a firm called"Staks ltd" sell them, but I am not allowed to post a link.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@Bob1001 

You are correct!

I wasn't aware of that restriction on this site and inadvertently posted a link to them - which the mods have since removed.

Staks call them "PHONE – IN LINE SOCKET – GFI"

0 Ratings