cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Reported landline fault to BT on Friday but no response

We have a broken telephone cable here after Storm Eunice, so no phone or broadband since Friday morning. I have reported the fault to BT and they said it will be fixed by Wednedsay 23rd. Thing is, they'd need to come inside the property to do the fix and have not yet made any appointment. 

Is this date just BT fobbing me off maybe? I am worried abput going without a landline for too long because my elderly Mum is vulnerable and my mobile phone signal is poor. 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Reported landline fault to BT on Friday but no response

@mips wrote:

We have a broken telephone cable here after Storm Eunice, so no phone or broadband since Friday morning. I have reported the fault to BT and they said it will be fixed by Wednedsay 23rd. Thing is, they'd need to come inside the property to do the fix and have not yet made any appointment. 

Is this date just BT fobbing me off maybe? I am worried about going without a landline for too long because my elderly Mum is vulnerable and my mobile phone signal is poor. 

The work will be done by Openreach, and they would not normally need access if its a broken overhead wire, unless it terminates inside the property.

0 Ratings