cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Ring for longer time before going to voicemail

Go to solution

We need more time to get to and answer the phone. 

How can I lengthen the amount of time the phone rings before diverting the call to the voicemail?

Is there a way to change this setting online?

We are using the Digital Voice Advanced Phone with Alexa.  All the caller's needing more time are in the phone book on the Smart Hub 2, i.e. not scam callers.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Ring for longer time before going to boicemail

Go to solution
Message 3 of 8

Re: Ring for longer time before going to voicemail

Go to solution

I will look at the FAQs and search for 1571 help.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

just go to MYBT then your products then digital voice then voicemail essentials and you can increase number of rings up to 10 if needed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for that tip.

I can only extend voicemail to 30 seconds, which is not long enough.

I think I need to turn Voicemail off.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

I believe you can request the basic voicemail to be disabled in your MyBT account. It would be a order change to your calling features from my understanding.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

go to  www.bt.com/callingfeatures  then manage and enter account/phone number and you should be able to cancel 1571

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

You could probably pick up a standalone answering machine used for under £20 & plug it directly into the Hub. You just need to remember to turn it on/off when you go out as they too are likely to have similar maximum answer time to the 1571 service.

0 Ratings