cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Router is in a different part of house from Cordless house phone

Go to solution

Landline phone is not in same room as router. My router is in my mums room as that is where it could come into the house and the House phone is in the living room so how can we get the cordless home phone to work just now since we can't plug it into the router. So, how is this going to work?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Router is in a different part of house from Cordless house phone

Go to solution

You need to give more detail.

If you're talking about Digital voice then you will need the Smart Hub2 which also functions as a DECT base station so no physical connection required.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Its cordless, why does it matter where the base station is plugged in.

If you don't want to plug it directly into the router, get a Digital adapter from BT which can be plugged into any mains socket and the phone plugged into that instead of the router.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

I assume you have been moved to digital voice so just phone CS 03301234150 and ask for a free DV adapter  when it arrives plug in to mains socket and it should paid by dect to your hub then connect you phone to the adapter and phone should work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
Hi
Yes I have moved to digital voice but it isn't with BT it is with vodafone and they said they dont have anything that would help me like the free DV adapter you are talking about. Even though I am not with BT would they still be able to send me a free DV adapter or tell me where I can get one
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
I am not with BT so that might make a difference as my current provider doesn't have anything like the DV adapter
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

you need to post here  https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/  this has nothing to do with BT Retail

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

@Suzie73 

You are posting on the wrong forum, this is a BT customer forum.

Please post on the Vodaphone user forum.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Why on earth would BT send an adapter to someone who isn’t a customer , AFAIK the BT DV adapter isn’t sold separately, if Vodafone don’t supply an equivalent that’s not really a problem to be discussed on a BT customer forum, although your issue shows why it’s not a good idea to use DV as a generic term for IP telephony from an ISP router ….VF could have called their IP telephone service anything, calling it DV is just confusing as that’s BT ‘name’ for its own proprietary IP phone service 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

As @licquorice said, just plug the base station into the Vodafone router with the adapter cable they provide.

Vodafone routers don't have the DECT option in any case, so the only other option is to extend the router's cable so it can be moved.

0 Ratings