cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Digital Voice Fiasco

Go to solution

So, was told I had to have DV, sent away for my adapter as no room to plug phone in where my router goes and Smart Hub 2 duly arrived.  Re-connected all my wireless kit, paired my adapter and waited, and waited.  Get a message saying it's been cancelled due to technical problems - fair enough - but then the silliness.  They want me to sent the SH2 back, and are sending me a Homehub 5. Why?  The SH2 works fine and I'll now have to go through reconnecting mobiles, TVs PCs, Alexa, HiFi, and send back the SH2, only for it to happen all again shortly. It's ridiculous.  As usual no one available to answer the phone to me.  My BB is up for renewal August  ( I can't get a quote online  because of all these 'open orders'), but I'm thinking of just calling time on BT.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Digital Voice Fiasco

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Similar here. The DV switchover was supposed to be 2 days ago so I’d received the Smart Hub 2 to replace the Smart Hub I already had. This morning I got an email asking me to return the SH2. I called BT to ask why and was told the DV had been cancelled but they couldn’t let me know because my mobile number wasn’t on my account (yes it is, and has been for many years, still there, I just checked). So now my account has a “Please return your Smart Hub 2 (or we’ll charge you £50)” and *still* has the “Please return your Smart Hub” as well. Brilliant. I’ll give it a week and see if that goes away before calling again.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Eventually got through to someone who apologised for the 'small error', marked my router as returned, told me to keep it, and if the HH5 turned up to just reject it.  Order history has been updated to say returned and won't  be charged. Terrible process, and to think BT is in the communication business

0 Ratings