Message 1 of 4

Scam Callers

Go to solution

Yesterday afternoon I had a withheld number telephone me saying that they were BT Openreach and because of illegal activity by 6 havkers that they were going to disconnect my Digital Voice phone and my Internet.   I told then politely to go forth and multiply and put the phone down.   They managed to block

My outgoing calls, but not incoming calls.   Contacted BT customer services told them what had happened.   Router passwords changed even though they didn't manage to take out my Internet and my Digital Voice phone was back up and running with in 3 hours of it happening.   Also forced an update so everything I hope is secure on router as well as phone

It's basically to let you know that so nobody falls for this.  I knew straight away that BT Openreach do not disconnect anybody's Internet etc as that is done by the Internet Provider not the installer.   The withheld number has also been blocked as well through BT so no more phone calls from them as well.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Scam Callers

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

@Mickeybrad173   IF they managed to block your calls it is rather more than a scam and would involve a great deal more.

I get many of those types of calls and apart from being annoying have never had one that effected my phone/broadband, usually only people who fall for it and let the scammer take control of their computer by following the scammer's instructions are effected.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I have started to get a lot of unsavoury emails to my spam email address.  Luckily they didn't get to my second one.   They didn't get nowhere a computer as I don't have one and I'm hoping nowhere near my phone.

I have sent an email to the ceo of BT to find out why my router didn't get the latest updates as well as the phone. 

0 Ratings