cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Scam call from BT ?

Go to solution

@Filosopher 

If you use a phone which forces unknown or withheld callers to announce themselves, then you will stop all scam calls.

The BT4600 is one such phone.

Trying to simply block them, is a waste of time.

Message 12 of 16

Go to solution
I had that on my old phone and have tried to get caller display on the new BT Voice HD phone. I have just tried again to get caller display but I am not convinced. I understand that it cannot show withheld numbers . I wish I had kept my old phone and answering machine via
the wall socket!! Thanks for your comment.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

@Filosopher 

You can still use your old phone, if you still have it. Just plug it into the phone socket on the smart hub 2. 

Caller display can be enabled via MyBT.

https://www.bt.com/help/landline/digital-voice--how-do-i-use-my-calling-features-

Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks Keith, I have ordered caller display via My Bt and just discovered that I still have my old phone!  

I daresay it can take a while for my caller display to be activated. Just rang my land-line from my 

mobile and it doesn't display yet.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

If you have done it via the separate options for Digital Voice, I would have expected it to happen quite quickly, as it does not involve sending an overnight update to the old PSTN exchange, which took 24 hours.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

You will all be pleased to know that this scam seems to be alive and kicking in 2023.

I have just had a call from BT about a problem with the speed of my BT Broadband.  Scam I though.

I don't have nor never have had BT Broadband but 'that is OK because BT owns all of the other broadband companies' or something similar.

News to me!  Definitely definitely a scam, I thought.

I am usually quite interested to know how the scam text goes but I've got a headache and can't be bothered to test my broadband speed on my 'google browser'.  

So I went with my first thought and hung up.  They called me back but they didn't even leave me a message!  Rude.  I will be ignoring that number from now on.    lol

0 Ratings