cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: Second line with Digital Voice?

Working form home is a complicated issue - my sons can work from home 2 or 3 days a week (one currently 4 days a week) but the employer has never suggested paying for the home broadband for example (a pity......) and I don't think most people since covid who work at home more have been asking BT to change their broadband to a business account , however I certainly understand how difficult this issue is and must be for BT since the pandemic. How much of the use of a broad band line has to be for work for it to require a business line etc. It is a difficult issue of our age.

The reason we have two separate broadband account actually is historic. My daughters had a horse each (very expensive) when teenagers. My older son said the one thing he wanted most in the days of dial up was his own faster internet line so we had one put in just for him on to the top floor and have had the two internet lines since then (although my dial up downstairs is now broadband) and it has been quite useful to have two in case one goes down and because the coverage in the house is not great and  the 3 boys like wired/ethernet into their PCs for gaming.

So that was rather a long answer but the answer is for our home working we have not asked BT to charge us more than the £200 a month I am currently paying for the 2 lines simply because home working is more common since the pandemic.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

@Jane2018 

the working from home distinction was if employee working from home for their employer then ok to have residential connection whereas running a business whether a company or self-employed then should have a business connection mainly for the better SLA

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 13

For me it was all very straightforward.  I have BT Broadband (FTTC), a TV package and Digital Voice for home telephony and a separate VOIP service with another provider (classed as a business line) which is used for any business calls in or out.  All voice calls come in on the Gigaset DECT system so I can see which are personal and which are business related.  Likewise I can dial out by deciding which line to use.

It's not rocket science!

RIC9380