Message 1 of 5

Spelling

Do BT not have enough money to pay for Spellcheck!?!?

Recent email received from BT

Your phone line has swicthed to Digital Voice

AND

You can order a free dorcless handset

I assumed it was a spam email as one is always told to check for spelling mistakes!

What a rubbish company.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Spelling

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

BT used to have spell check, but now nothing

If you write a long email in word and then copy into an email ( so you can make sure spelling is correct) the text is corrupted when you send the email as i recently found out.

I agree the email functionality is extremally poor  for an organisation such as BT, they do need to improve this service, but as their support service is poor and limited I will not hold my breath. I dread to think who their focus group is

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@Elainefry 

improvement in BT email is unlikely bearing in mind it is no longer offered to new customers and one wonders how long before withdrawn altogether

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

The BTMail spell checker is part of your browser, not part of BTMail. If you want to use your browser's spell checker you need to ensure you have it activated for your particular browser.

For example 

To enable the spell checker on Microsoft Edge:

Open Microsoft Edge.

Click the Settings and more (three-dotted) button from the top-right corner.

Click the Settings option.

Click on Languages.

Under the "Check spelling" section, turn on the toggle switch for the languages that you want Microsoft Edge to check spelling while you're typing