cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Switch to digital

Go to solution

I have been switched to Digital today. I have two linked Panasonic cordless phones which now work OK. I have a BT Decor 2200 phone also. All phones are connected through an ADSL filter. The connector for the cordless phones is now plugged into the back of the hub via the ADSL filter. The BT Decor phone doesn't work (still plugged into the ADSL filter) and there is nowhere else to plug it in. It isn't the right connector for the hub anyway. Does this mean the BT Decor will not work with digital? A long conversation with a BT adviser just went round in circles. He had no idea what I was asking.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Switch to digital

Go to solution

Can you not just connect Panasonic base direct to hub?

Try phoning CS 03301234150 and request adapter which you pair with and. None t to mains then connect decor to adapter maybe need to use filter to get phone to ring

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

First of all you shouldn't need to use the filter, it is sometimes needed to provide ringing for older phones but the actual filter functionality is no longer required so if your Panasonic phones ring you can dispense with the filter.

I'm confused as to where you are plugging in the Decor if you already have the Panasonic's plugged into the hub

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

A simple two way splitter will allow both phones to connect to the back of the Hub.

Screenshot 2023-08-22 172742.png

Or BT may still supply a FOC DECT adapter that plugs into a mains socket & then pairs with the Hub.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Written instructions from BT say do not disconnect any filters.......

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Try connectiing to phone socket on back of hub without filter. I am sure your phone will work just like before

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@Carol3 wrote:

Written instructions from BT say do not disconnect any filters.......

What written instructions? You do not need any filters if you have Digital Voice.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Carol3   

You can ignore any "written" instructions that came with the phone. The filter was required with the old master socket line (before DV was introduced). Not required with the hub.

Connect your other phone BT Digital Voice Adapter (100121) | EE Store  That is if BT doesn't send you one free.

0 Ratings