cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Switching from Quarterly Billing to Monthly

Go to solution

Is there any way to switch from a quarterly to monthly billing cycle through the online account.
My father's account (on which I am authorised) is on a monthly payment plan, but with a god awful and unnecessarily complicated quarterly bill / billing cycle.

We've had changes made to the account which wont show until the next billing cycle which is 3 months away.

Much appreciated.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Switching from Quarterly Billing to Monthly

Go to solution

It sounds like you have a "Monthly Payment Plan" set up.

You need to log onto your father's  MyBT and go to " Your Bills and Usage" then "Your Bill Settings " and change it to "Whole Bill" and this should generate a new bill every month.

See link and in particular when logged onto his MyBT the sub link "Set Up Direct Debit in MyBT" 

How do I set up a Direct Debit? | BT Help

Can I change when I pay my bill? | BT Help

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks for your reply.
So there's no way to change to a monthly billing cycle, without coming off the monthly payment plan?
I was hoping to see how the account panned out before switching them to a whole bill payment.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

If you log onto your dad's account online and then click on your bills and usage and then click on your bill settings.  If you scroll down to the bottom you will see change how you pay your bill and you should be able to change it to monthly billing.  Just bear in mind that rental is charged in advance so when his last bill came out he would have paid for the next 3 months rental so until this period ends his monthly bills will just be for any usage and not the rental.  His first full monthly bill will be on the date his next quarterly bill would have been due.   

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@hedgehog1979 wrote:
Thanks for your reply.
So there's no way to change to a monthly billing cycle, without coming off the monthly payment plan?
I was hoping to see how the account panned out before switching them to a whole bill payment.

No way that I am aware of.

The "Whole Bill" is in my opinion the best way because BT only take the money that is due where as on the payment plan they take the estimated amount they decide that will be spent over the year and this is in my experience usually over estimated in BT's favour.  

As far as I am aware BT no longer offer the payment plan for new customers and if you decide to change you can not change back.

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Deleted by poster.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings